All new and returning students who want to get a device connected to the College network should read the online guide to Registering Your Devices.
Students can now get, for free, a copy of Microsoft Office ProPlus 365 for the duration of their studies. Please read the publication "Getting Started with IT @ Cambridge" and "IT Matters @ Cambridge".
The Robinson College IT Department provides help to the following people:
- Staff of Robinson College (academic and administrative)
- Students of Robinson College (current undergraduates and postgraduates)
- Official Visitors to the College (conference delegates, visiting academics)
We offer a range of services including:
- Troubleshooting, repairing and upgrading a wide range of laptops, desktops, some tablets and phones
- Setting up email, WiFi and wired network access, installing software, printing
- Resetting Raven
- Providing general IT advice and consultancy
- Website updates, and bespoke system development
- Virus and malware removal and data recovery
For the best performance and reliability of the internet, we recommend that you used the wired ethernet connection that is located in your room. If you device does not come with an ethernet port, we recommend that you purchase an USB to Ethernet adapter. If you need to buy an Ethernet Cable we recommend getting CAT5e cables. The CAT5e cables will fit in all of our Ethernet wall sockets, CAT6 and above may be too large for the socket and could jam.
These pages are designed to provide most of the computing and networking information you might require, as a member of one of the above groups. You can also ask for help from the team.
Page updated 17th May 2022